Saturday, July 25, 2009

A Mommy's Prayer



Dear Lord, it's such a hectic day,
With little time to stop and pray.
For life's been anything but calm
Since you called me to be a mom.
Running errands, matching socks,
Building dreams with wooden blocks.
Cooking, cleaning, finding shoes,
And other stuff that children lose.
Fitting lids on bottled bugs,
Wiping tears and giving hugs.
A stack of last week's mail to read-
So where's the time I need?
Yet when I steal a moment, Lord,
Just at the sink or ironing board,
To ask the blessing of your grace,
I see then in my small one's face
That you have blessed me
All the while-
And I stoop to kiss
That precious smile.

~Unknown

0 comments on "A Mommy's Prayer"

Post a Comment

 

My Mommy Journey Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipietoon | All Image Presented by Online Journal