Monday, October 5, 2009

Now on My 22nd Week!


Last week was crazy with Typhoon Ondoy rampaging everyone and everything on its path that's why I was unable to post my baby developments for the week. Won't happen this week though.

Hello Arvee!
22 weeks pregnant

The baby now weighs almost one pound/ 430 grams, measures nearly 11 inches/ just over 27 centimeters long from crown to heel, and is proportioned like a newborn, albeit a thinner version since her baby fat hasn't yet developed. Although she's getting heavier every day, her skin still appears wrinkled because she needs to gain more weight. The lips are distinct and the eyes are formed, though the iris (the colored part of the eye) still lacks pigment. The pancreas, essential in the production of hormones, is developing steadily.

Even this early, the first signs of teeth appear in the form of tooth buds beneath the gum line. Before you know it, your baby will be born, and soon after, her first teeth will come through.

You've probably gained between 12 and 15 pounds/ 5.4 and 6.8 kilograms. Starting now, you'll begin to put on weight more steadily, averaging about half a pound/ 225 grams per week. You may crave certain foods and you may notice an increased (but not bloody) vaginal discharge. Both are a normal part of being pregnant.

I'm growing to be pretty big already. Well, smaller still for my month but big nonetheless. My tummy is now more noticeable which makes me happy coz I don't want baby to be really small. I want him/her to be small enough for me to deliver the normal way but not so small that s/he will be malnourished.

My next check up is this 14th but I'm moving it to the 17th. I will be 6 months pregnant by that time and I'm really hoping the doctor will now give me the go to have the gender ultrasound. I really am excited to find out if baby will be a girl or a boy. Already people are predicting the baby will be a girl coz I'm more prettier DAW than usual and I agree! haha I sure hope we are getting a girl. =)

0 comments on "Now on My 22nd Week!"

Post a Comment

 

My Mommy Journey Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipietoon | All Image Presented by Online Journal