Monday, August 24, 2009

Now on My 16th Week!


I feel so excited now that baby is 16 weeks. I can't believe how time flies. I am now 4 months pregnant! 5 more months to go and baby will be out and our world will be turned upside down - in a good way of course. I can now feel my pants getting really snug. I'm planning on wearing maternity clothes this week. I just have to find some in my closet and ask my mom to buy me one. She designated herself as my "stylist" for this pregnancy. Anyway, here's what Baby Center is saying about baby:

Hello Arvee!
16 weeks pregnant

Your baby's about the size of an avocado now but in the next three weeks, he'll go through a tremendous growth spurt — doubling his weight and increasing his length. In the meantime, he'll be playing with his umbilical cord and practicing breathing. You're going through a bit of a growth spurt yourself. Your uterus has expanded so much that the ligaments in your abdomen are stretching to make room for it. If you feel any twinges of pain now, that's why.

How your life's changing

You've probably gained at least 2.2kg/5lb by now, maybe as much as 4.5 kg/10 lb. Your uterus is growing and you might feel pangs caused by the ligaments stretching in your abdomen. These pains are usually temporary but your growing uterus will put extra strain on your back - follow our tips for protecting your back so that you avoid backache.

Many couples worry about what labour will be like and how they'll cope as new parents - it's all perfectly normal. Try chatting to couples with children about how they felt at this stage and read up on what happens in labour. It may help to read some birth stories so you know what to expect and to visit our bulletin board for new parents to find out what their babies are up to now.

It's a good time to arrange a last minute holiday if you can spare the time and money. Travelling in the middle trimester is often recommended because you are usually over the early pregnancy feelings of nausea and fatigue and still not too far advanced for size or premature labour to be a problem. If you are booking now for a flight later in pregnancy make sure your airline will allow you to fly at that stage. Otherwise follow our tips for trouble-free travel during pregnancy and enjoy your trip.


The size of an avocado...whoa, that's big! I can't wait for baby to get much bigger! And I can travel? Does this mean I can still use my Boracay GC? Coolness!

0 comments on "Now on My 16th Week!"

Post a Comment

 

My Mommy Journey Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipietoon | All Image Presented by Online Journal